The Francisco Mejia Lira will be conferred to a SMCTSM member that with his(her) scientific trajectory have made significant contributions to areas cultivated by our society.
- The candidate should be a regular member of the SMCTSM and proposed by an also regular member of the SMCTSM.
- The candidate or the proponent should submit a (maximum) five page description of the work of the candidate to the SMCTSM Executive Committee. The proposal should outline the importance and impact of the scientific work of the candidate in areas related to surface and
- The proposal should be accompanied by supporting material (articles, patents, etc.) and by the full CV of the candidate.
The recipient of the Francisco Mejia Lira will receive a diploma and a monetary prize.
The jury will be constituted by five renowned members of SMCTSM in the field of surface and materials science.
- The application deadline is August 31th, 2023.
- The documentation should be sent by e-mail (Dra. Maria Leticia Perez Arrrieta, Secretary of the SMCTSM , email@example.com ) in the form of separate PDF files.
- The winner(s) will be announced during the Conference General Assembly on September 29th 2023.
The SMCTSM actively promotes the participation of students in our annual meeting so they could benefit from the opportunity to interact with experienced researchers who are presenting the advances of their research. At the plenary talks the students have a unique opportunity occasion to grasp the status and the perspectives of trending topics directly from leading scientists. Students participating in our meeting also have a chance to learn or reinforce valuable knowledge with selected short courses.
By supporting the participation of students in the activities of the SMCTSM we are not only contributing to their academic formation but also we are planting the seed for a new generation of researches and scientists that will push the borders of science for the benefit of our society.
In order to apply to a student grant support the students have to submit the following documents:
- Evidence of his/her full-time status enrollment (example: valid college ID copy of a valid student identification).
- A copy of the payment of 2023 conference inscription fees of the applicant ($ 2,600.00 M.N., see also https://www.smctsm.org.mx/XV_ICSMV/mcif.php).
- The acceptance letter of an oral or poster presentation in which the student is the expositor (on site).
- Application Form
The student grant support has the following benefits:
- Conference materials
- Lodging (sharing at least double room). Check-in and check-out, to be confirmed.
- This year the SMCTSM is able to offer a limited number of grants.
- The students selected to receive a grant support must attend the whole Conference (from Sunday 24 to Friday 29) and be available to help the conference committee with the organization logistics if necessary.
- The student supported must be attend to all the plenary talks and at least one short courses of his/her interest area.
- The accommodation will be carried out by the Dr. Ateet Dutt
- The committee will not refund any payment made directly to the Hotel.
- Postdocs will not be considered for these grants.
- Student member grant support application deadline: 1st August, 2023. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Reception of applications and further information:
Dr. Ateet Dutt
Workshop Chair (Vocal de Cursos SMCTSM)